- Can I use inside mount blinds?
- Should blinds rest on window sill?
- Should blinds be flush with window?
- What do you do when your blinds are not wide enough?
- Where should blinds be hung?
- What is the correct way to hang blinds?
- How deep should inside mount blinds be?
- How much depth is needed for inside mount blinds?
- Do blinds have to fit exactly?
- How do I measure for inside mount blinds?
Can I use inside mount blinds?
As long as your window frame has enough depth to mount blinds inside the opening, we almost always recommend an inside mount..
Should blinds rest on window sill?
In most cases blinds look and work the best when they rest on the window sill. No one is ever going to notice extra 1/2″ of length and this keeps them from blowing in a slight breeze. If you prefer for the blinds not to touch the windowsill, you should deduct 1/4″.
Should blinds be flush with window?
1. Measuring window frame for accurate blinds fitting. … 1) Mounting flush with the wall gives a cleaner look, as it hides the depth of the window sill itself and gives a smooth surface against your wall. We recommend this in most cases if you are mostly concerned with aesthetics.
What do you do when your blinds are not wide enough?
Try An Outside Mount. The easiest solution for blinds that are too wide is to install them as an outside mount instead of an inside mount. The included installation brackets are compatible with either mounting option, so this is a quick fix.
Where should blinds be hung?
You can either mount your blinds inside or outside of the casing. Hanging the blinds outside means your window look bigger but when you hang your blinds inside, your window looks slimmer. When you need to mount your blinds outside, measure along the outside edges of the casing that surrounds the window.
What is the correct way to hang blinds?
Choose two diagonal holes to make the brackets make a sturdy fit. For outside mount the brackets must be placed on the outside face of the window casing. For inside mount blinds place the brackets against the inside top corner of each side of the window. Your brackets will come with two screws.
How deep should inside mount blinds be?
Inside mount blinds are installed inside the window casing or door, or wall to wall in a room. The window casing must be at least 2 3/4″ deep for flush track mount or 3 3/4″ deep for flush vane mount (See diagram above). Window should have a minimum recessed space of 2 3/8″ for inside mount.
How much depth is needed for inside mount blinds?
3⁄4″ is the minimum depth required for inside mount blinds.
Do blinds have to fit exactly?
Shades and blinds must fit precisely to a window’s measurements only if they are installed inside the window frame or opening. This is called an inside mount.
How do I measure for inside mount blinds?
Fortunately, you can get measurements in three simple steps:Measure the inside of the window frame in three places for width: across the top, middle and bottom. … Measure for height: at the left, middle and right side. … Measure the depth of the window so you know how deep the blinds can be.